Monday, March 6, 2017

Good Eggs and Bad Eggs

I've been inspired to work on my pysanky the last week.  There have been a few successes, but there have been a lot of problems.  I keep crushing the egg shells.

Now, as far as I know, my grip has not become Hulk-like, so I am guessing the problem is with the egg shells.

Can you see my thumb inside this one?  I was doing the last step of clean up when my thumb went right through the side. 

Then, it happened with the next egg the very same way.  The first egg was Eggland's Best.  The second was a generic grocery store egg. 

I decided that they must not be feeding their chickens enough of what they needed to make a thick shell, so I searched for eggs that were cage free. My thinking was that if the chickens were out and about eating things other than simply grain, their shells might be thicker. I found cage free white eggs at the international store nearby.

Ta da!  Success with the cage free egg.


And then the next egg broke through before I even started waxing it.


I now have dozens and dozens of eggs in my refrigerator, and they are torquing me off.

No comments: